Saturday, November 7, 2009

Random thoughts and why I love KFOG

Today was a glorious waste of time… much needed…

It started with a trip to a city far away to buy a CD… KFOG (local radio station, KFOG.com )releases a “Live from the Archives” CD every year… at least for the last 16 years… there was a Warriors CD before but that doesn’t count… (It does if you have it, and I do). The CD is based on otherwise unreleased live tracks collected by the radio station… (that would be KFOG 104.5 San Francisco… a really good radio station…)

I have them all, (and the warrior's CD) bought when released… Today they released number 16… They sell them though Peet’s Coffee.. (a really good local coffee place)…

Normally I would go to my local Peets and pick up the CD… but that was before last year… Last year T and I were not home for the release… We were on our way to a cruse to celebrate our anniversary… We left our daughter at home to feed the animals (we have too many animals) and take care of things…. including purchasing the KFOG CD…

Steph took her responsibility seriously… She went to the Redwood City Peet’s and hung out with Annalisa…. KFOG midday DJ…. She called us as we were boarding a cruise ship… and put Annalisa on the phone… So, on vacation, DJ on your favorite radio station calls you… Too cool…

Shift to December… I won tickets to the KFOG Christmas concert… The Pretenders and Amos Lee… Great concert… made better because my “free” tickets were in the last row of the balcony… and Amos Lee’s manager had (much better) tickets to give away… and we got there early to see Amos Lee, and as a result were given much better tickets on the floor…

Annalisa was there… we ran into her… she recognized Steph…

So, today they released the new CD… Annalisa was at the Saratoga store… So I drove to Saratoga… Annalisa remembered Steph (again) told her co-worker “she is a big fan of Mat Nathanson (true, and Mat Nathanson has a track on this years CD) She also remembered that we talked last year on release date… I love this radio station (really for the music, but damn, they know who their fans are too) Disclaimer: Annalisa is recently married… I am happily married… this is about music… (but Annalisa is cute…) Annalisa signed Steph's CD... Mine too...

Done with buying the CD I made another stop in the South Bay (aka San Jose) then was stuck in a major traffic jam… a truck had overturned and burned on the freeway… upside, I got to listen to the whole thing… downside… traffic…

I visited my local used book pusher… (B street Books in San Mateo) He got me for 9 books… a really good hit… its reading time ….

Checked in with T at the studio (Aanrakru Glass http://www.bayareastainedglass.com/ )
She was working on a Peacock window for me… we went to dinner at the local sushi joint… Sushi Sam’s… (http://www.sushisams.com/) I had the chef’s choice sashimi… (at the recommendation of a fellow glass artist....) It was spectacular… yellow fin, amber fin, octopus, maguro and toro tuna, Really really good…

Tomorrow is our anniversary… Our 29th anniversary…

We will do something… not sure what yet…

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment