Sunday, November 22, 2009

One Year - a Mile Stone...

Today it this blog’s first anniversary… a milestone…

I started it on a whim… I was attending the Lern Conference… Lern is a consulting group serving life long learning and Recreation programs… their message is about how to identify and reach your customers, how to develop classes… they are pretty good at what they do…Our City Recreation Department follows the Lern principals… in a really crappy environment it has worked well for us…

At that Lern conference I was particularly interested in generational marketing and electronic marketing… One talk (really many talks) got my attention… it was on social networks… Facebook and such… I was excited… I made plans… but our management team is suspicious of new things, and I was not allowed to use electronic marketing… we are allowed to use email newsletters… but the soft wear chosen is clumsy…

With the enthusiasm that comes from a good conference I joined Facebook, I started blogging… but not for work… for me… I have files on the cloud… I haven’t embraced Twitter, but I probably will try…

So today is the first anniversary of the blog… in the last year I have made 75 posts… a post every 5 days or so… I find I am enjoying it… I am compelled to continue… to find more things to post about… I have a Picasa page… with photos… it calls me as well. I continue to use Facebook… I find connections on Facebook… it works for me…

If you are reading this you have joined my world… welcome…

No comments:

Post a Comment