Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Travel Bug

It’s about 10:00 pm. There is a waxing moon. The marine fog is moving in fast… the sky is spectacular…

T and I went over to Half Moon Bay, and had lunch at the local brew pub, then I went to work... we had a special photo tour. I am home now...

I am watching TV (Travel Channel, Bizarre foods with Andrew Zimmer….) I am web surfing, South West parks and “Old Ones” (aka Anasazi, a term not popular) sites… I am thinking about next summers travel. Also South America sites… we have are going on a cruise from Rio to Chile and are researching and planning…

The last trip did not cure the cravings for travel…

I am not looking forward to work tomorrow… this is not the norm… There is not much to do this week, but I am tired…

The travel cravings are calling. The Old Ones are calling, Navajo National Monument, Road 400 (Cottonwood Canyon Road across Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument), Chaco Canyon, the desert in general…

There is a public market at the port in Montevieo Uruguay… it too calls me.

I continue to read “In Search of the Old Ones” by David Roberts… about his explorations of Anasazi culture and sites… It feeds the longing...

No comments:

Post a Comment