Thursday, July 23, 2009

Off to the mid-west for the weekend….

Tina and I are off for the weekend… to Detroit... Michigan… Not your most common vacation destination…

Her sister and significant other are holding their annual summer party… on a whim they invited us, on a whim we accepted… Other family members piled on… so now there will be 4 of the 5 siblings, along with a couple the cousins including our daughter…

Off on a red-eye, arriving about 8:00 am… a day visiting the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield village, (they have a research library too…) then an evening at the sister’s, the party the next day, then fly home early Sunday…

Its been hell week at work, summer camps, fire sprinkler replacement (this included moving and tarping the furniture…) a visit by the master gardeners, an advisory board meeting, 3 new volunteers were there today, and we have to give tours too.

We are 4 days into the week and I have put in 44 hours… The time card will say 32 hours. I was doing 90 miles and hour right up until I left the farm… I am tired.

Tomorrow we have two camps, including a performance for the parents by one camp… If I was working I would put in another 10 hours tomorrow…

I need to get away.

Bye for now, Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment