Friday, December 19, 2008

Morning observations

First an update on the stove… I got really dirty taking the stove apart. The stove problem turned out to be a piece of fiberglass insulation used to seal the flue… So in a sense the solution to the problem had become the problem… too often true.

It continues to be cold and rainy... . Snow has been visible on the hills… At work I continue to spilt fire wood, now because I need the wood.

I have added a slide show to the blog… (of course you probably have already realized that) The first photos are from a trip to Peru a couple of years ago… It’s a spectacular place, with layer after layer of culture, archeology, and color…

A local morning radio DJ, Dave Morey, is retiring today… (http://kfog.com/ ) It seems strange but it seems like a funeral, shared by a large but undefined community… For myself, and many of us listening to the radio is really a solo activity, in the morning with my coffee as I read the paper or check email, in the car, but it seems like everyone I know is talking about Dave… the solo activity has evolved into a greater community…

Off to work..

No comments:

Post a Comment