Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Road trip planning




I have ignored this blog for too long..  and am now back… 

It is spring… and thoughts of road trips and such are starting…   

There are several trips in the mix.  Next weekend… Memorial Day weekend Tina and I are off for a quick trip across the high Sierra… to Carson for the debut of Glenbrook… a 1875 steam locomotive, now restored and operational… for the first time since c.1926 (the “c.” is historian for I am not sure… )  There will be lots of “train” people there…. Not exactly a vacation by Ms. T’s rules…  So we are staying a bit away… at Sorenson’s Resort… along the Carson River… some miles away… from Carson and the trains and train people…  I get Saturday with the trains…  She gets to be away from trains and train people in the evenings… 

The next weekend I set off on a three week trip… A Railroad History conference in Hawthorn Nevada... then a drive via the Mojave and Mohave through Daggett and Amboy and Kingman… desert ratting and exploring… I will test the Jeep… there will be dust… then…  beyond… along Rt 66, the Mother Road to Albuquerque… where Tina and I will rendezvous… 

Together we will visit, explore, Santa Fe, Taos, Abiquiu and Albuquerque… then Tina will fly home…
Without Tina,  I am off on my own, to drive home… via Mexican Hat… across Lake Powell at Halls crossing… then Bryce and across Nevada… to Tioga Pass… A journey across the west at its best…  

A grand adventure (or two) awaits… 

PS… did I mention the camping trip to Ft Churchill or the trip to China…??

No comments:

Post a Comment