Friday, August 3, 2012

24 hours out….



One full day from now I will be on the road… eastward bound for the right coast… the Atlantic…
I haven’t begun to pack… I haven’t really thought about it…

I am likely to wait until about 9:00 this evening (17:00 for those of you with who may have served in the military….) then throw some things in a duffle bag, then to bed, to get up too early when the road calls a bit before dawn.

For now, I will go to work, write up a vacation plan, do payroll (due on Monday, but since I don’t plan on being at work on Monday I will do it today) and try to get everything done… or at least enough done to make my absence possible…

At least I have the music together… The Ipad is loaded, and I have three new CD’s… Shovels and Rope, O’ Be Joyful, Bonnie Raitt’s Slip Stream, and Together Again, with Steve Earle, Townes Van Zandt and Guy Clark… I have particular hopes for Together Again…

I need to charge the camera batteries… I need to find my travel journal… 

There is a pile of maps on the table…

In the impmortal words of Elwood and Jake Blues… we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses., Hit it

No comments:

Post a Comment