Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Back, at work… And Christmas… in early November

Back, back from vacation, at work…


It’s a big day at Patterson House… it is the beginning of Christmas… when the house is converted from Victorian house museum to Macy’s Christmas window… It is Chaos… with me at the eye…


I got up with the sun… and headed to work… my clocks had not been set back for the change from Daylight savings time… a week or more ago… we were traveling… There are blog posts about the travel… Maybe our home clocks do not accurately tell time…, instead they are telling an older time, an earlier time… a wrong time…


I got to work a bit before 7:00 (as in am… morning…) then wondered why others were not there… I made coffee… I made soup (for the docents…) Turkey vegetable soup… The reviews suggest good turkey vegetable soup…


Eventually others arrived… They started to decorate. I ran around in circles running errands, bringing garland and such down from the attic… hanging wreaths…


We ate about noon… Soup, good French bread… friends…


The trees arrived about 1:30… the artificial trees… many, many artificial trees… a truck load of trees… There are bags of garland, down from the attic… there is other Christmas stuff, boxes of other Christmas stuff… There are ladders… 5 or 6 ladders… Ladders are important.


We continued to decorate… it takes a lot of time to decorate a 7,000 foot house… by end of day a couple of rooms were looking good… maybe 4 more were started… Its Christmas…


Now home… cooking dinner… what’s with having to cook… where is the kitchen staff… the waiters… the bar keeps… Oh, S#@t, I am home, now responsible for my own food, my own dishes, my own laundry and beds and such… This ain’t a cruise… its life… real life… I miss the cruise…


It is now 7:30 pm… Tina, the lovely Tina, just called… headed home from work… Time to finish dinner…

No comments:

Post a Comment