Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Packing, Madly…

Its 8:30 pm Tuesday… I am packing for a 6 day cross country trip... I go to work tomorrow, work all day, drive home them leave…By plan by 5:00… Then we (Steph, the daughter and I) drive to Mojave… 5 hours or so… its our get away…

First night out we are worried about fog… Valley fog… Tule fog… thick and nasty… but it looks like rain in the “Great” Valley, the San Joaquin… With luck it will knock down the fog.

We are headed east… to Maryland… only Steph (OK, Kellie, Stephanie) will make Maryland… I will end my trip at Dulles airport in Northern Virginia… to fly home… next Tuesday… January 5th

Tomorrow I have to oversee a couple of camps… not my camps, but others need vacation too… and they will watch the house (Patterson House, my place of work) while I am away…

There is another trip looming… a long trip far, far, away… South America for three weeks… Three days after my return from the east… Planning for that trip has meant that I am not thinking about this one… As a result, I am packing quickly, rapidly, with less planning than I would like… I like under planned trips… I don’t like under planning the packing…

At least I plan to check my bag from Dulles… due to the short trip, weight isn’t an issue… Plus this flight is on Virgin America… The best damn Airline flying domestically in the US… I mean that… Really…

Tomorrow late, I may post the first trip report… More each evening following… Pictures too… Stay tuned… same Bat Station, Same Bat time

No comments:

Post a Comment