Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September 29, It is offically Christmas time

I declare that Christmas has started… We received our first mail order catalog…

And the winner is… The National Geographic Holiday 2009 Catalog…

Holiday – Christmas it’s that correct word thing again…

Of course, we are planning Christmas at work… we have been planning Christmas since last December… but now its imminent…

The wine is doing well… I punch down the head a couple of times a day….

Ken Burns National Parks show is on the glowing box… I hated the first episode… too preachy, not on subject, used “cathedral” 4 times in two minutes… The second was better, much better, and the third is Ken Burns at his best…

In a related note, I get to be John Muir on Sunday… A local railroad museum has a car that Taft rode on when he visited Yosemite in October 1909. We are recreating his train… steam engine, postal car, and the Presidential car… a Taft impersonator… We need a John Muir, he was there… I have a beard, I have a felt hat, I have appropriate Victorian clothing… I am trying to acquire a Scottish accent… I need to drink more scotch…

Christmas will be long, it’s a season after-all… as Loughton Wainwright said, “its not over until its over and you throw away the tree” Tree disposal will have to wait until January.

No comments:

Post a Comment