Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Red shirts, and a new dog... and walks... lots of walks



It has been a long strange week…

All is centered around the new puppy… Abby, a 75lb German Sheppard girl… about a year old… she is boisterous, energetic, and curious… and not yet well behaved… the cats are filing complaints…

Emma (the other dog) is enjoying the extra walks….

A neighbor is a volunteer for Rocket Dog Rescue…. She was picking up a couple of dogs, from foster homes, to take them to an adoption event… she walked by and asked, “would you like to adopt a dog”… we wanted to, and did… and Abby now sleeps under our bed…

I spend a lot of time walking the two dogs… It makes Emma happy… Abby is happy too…

The big event was last Friday with the new Star Trek movie… we (myself, the wife, and the daughter) went to dinner, then to the movie… where we found fans in star trek uniforms ahead of us in line… (in the interest of honesty, I own a Star Trek shirt… gold, for command, from the original series… due to a brain lapse, I was not wearing it… my bad)   We sat one row ahead of the group dresses as the bridge crew… Tina was wearing blue, and a science crew insignia was offered… photos were taken… It turned out that the Asian guy in blue (nominally Sulu) turned out to be the Mayor of San Mateo (David Lim.)  Tina asked why he wasn’t the Captain… He said it was an Asian thing… It made (sad) sense…. Uhura (Linda, in her red dress) turned out to be a blogger… @fangirlblog.com  but mostly blogs about Star Wars….

The movie was good… The company good… all good…  (It is at its core a remake of the second Stat Trek Movie, the Wrath of Kahn… lots of line reused… in a way honoring the original, but this was a different movie….  PS, Kurk dies... get over it… )

I worked Saturday and Sunday, with music boxes at Patterson House… With a book signing event on Sunday after all else was done… As a result I didn’t take much (any) time off…

Now Tuesday… I had the day off… gardening… puttering about… visiting two used book stores… buying carabineers to manage leashes for the baby dog… (ever underestimate the value of a carabieneer (or four) when training a dog...)  The baby dog (aka Abby) now has a Google badge…  She is officially a Doogle… The cats are still angry and do not recognize her officially sanctioned status… they will or will not eventually get over it…  Emma is still enjoying the walks….

At the book stores I ended up with a couple of copies of Desert Solitaire by Edward Abby… It will be my next “give away” book… I keep extra copies of certain books about… and give them to anyone who feints interest…. I still have a couple of copies of “The Iron Trail” by Rex Beach about… a fictionalize account of the construction of a railroad in Alaska…  I may be out of copies of Travels with Charley (a large grey dog) by Steinbeck… but more will be found… So, now Abby is added to the free book selection…  I have a Monkey Wrench Gang tee shirt… some have noticed… I think Abby (author, not the dog)  is possibly the true voice of the western desert…

Now, late Tuesday…

T and I went out for dinner… then home to find the dogs… (Abby (the dog, not the author) and Emma….) Emma wants a walk… Tina is getting ready for bed… I am blogging…  Back to work tomorrow, but I am not looking forward to it… in fact I am dreading it…not for the work, but for the politics… something needs to change… but I am not sure what or how…

Emma is insisting on a walk… goodnight

P.S.   Remember, don't wear a red shirt... they kill the red shirts first... except Uhura... she is special (she has been seen in gold as well... but that is a different story)

No comments:

Post a Comment