Saturday, April 7, 2012

Slouching towards the weekend

Following up, Later on Thursday and early Friday... The Lovely Tina is home… after a goodly goodbye party… One of the employees was leaving after 8 years (this is an eternity in Silicon Valley, particularly at Google…)


Tina came home with a Google tee shirt… (this is not unusual… Google puts our tee shirts when the leaves change… I work at a place where we note that leaves change, but no tee shirts…) This tee shirt states “ We Love our Parents”… Everyone, even us have a “Take your kids to work day” but Google has a “take your parents to work day” (too)… Sadly the Lovely Tina and I no longer have parents among the living… so ours didn’t get to go, but Tina was a tour guide today…


Since the lovely Tina had a late night, the wonderful Emma didn’t get to go to Google today (Thursday)… she is mopping about, wanting to go out… She will go to work with Tina tomorrow (aka Friday).


Now Saturday evening…


I had Saturday off… away from the farm, away from work… I mostly gardened…and puttered about the garden… I went to my favorite nursery… I bought plants including two very expensive grafted tomato plants… Tina, Stephanie and I had lunch at a local sushi place… I went to a home improvement store…


Once again home, I planted plants… mostly lettuces, a few marigolds, and some basil… I weeded… some random weeding but mostly weeded in the vegetable garden along the side of the house. My garden is important, more so than the vegetables produced… it is a connection to the earth.


I have tomatoes, lettuce, basil, parsley in a raised bed… Some of my tomatoes have been in the dirt for a full month… One can expect tomatoes as early as 60 days after setting out plants… if true, I could get tomatoes about June first… That is unlikely, but tomatoes by July 4th are a possibility…


Over the next week I will plant cucumbers, and squash… more onions… more tomatoes (including my special very expensive grafted tomatoes…)


Tina home… I showered (you would need a shower too if you spent the day gardening, weeding) and Tina, Emma (the dog) and I went to Half Moon Bay for dinner at the brew pub… (Half Moon Bay Brewery, maybe the best brew pub in the world, but its my local and I may be biased, but it is really good, visit if in the area) The brew pub had a special “Timmy Day IPA” in honor of Giants opening day and pitcher Tim Lincecum… I tried it… I liked it… I had a second. Go Giants!


We ate outside as the sun dropped… Emma was happy… Tina and I were happy… all was good. We took a photo… We drove home… I blogged (but you might have guessed that if you are reading this…)


Life is good, as good as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment