Thursday, April 5, 2012

Random thoughts on a Thursday evening

Its about 8:30 pm… I want to go to bed… so does the daughter… I am tired and my ears are still ringing…I am tired...


We were up late last night… at a concert, a Matt Nathanson concert… at the Filmore… an old school music venue in SF… It was a great show, and worth the ears ringing and early morning…


It was one of those concerts… too good… too memorable… we have posters... did I say I am tired?


It was a stand up concert… no seats… lots of SF venues do this… the wife won’t anymore… she is too grown up… luckily we have a daughter to go with me... You have to breed new concert partners as you get old. We (daughter and I) have a Head and the Heart Concert in early June… the wife and I have tickets to a sit down show at the Great American Music Hall for Blame Sally in a few weeks… Tina does sit down particularly if it includes dinner. (Tina and I are in a Blame Sally Concert Video...


Making it worse, tomorrow it will be an early day at work; the electrical engineers are coming, the structural engineers are coming and expect a tour of the crawl space… the city electricians are coming to trace wiring… There are schools coming to, expecting tours…


On the other hand I have the weekend off… Saturday with limited if no responsibilities… Sunday in Sacramento at the brother in law’s (he (and wife)reads this blog) for Easter… He is running for congress… on a conservative platform… I don’t agree with his platform, but like him (and like his wife better) and trust him and we send him money for his cam pain… I guess we are participating in that old school American tradition of buying a politician… we find most go cheaper than expected if you buy in early.


I sit at my computer… Railroad preservation protects are looming… Travel ideas are out there too… a beer sits nearby (Sierra Nevada Torpedo)


From last night, from Matt, a quote of the day…


"You know that moment when .you are about to run in to a burning building and your friend asks “what you are doing” and you say “I am running into that building” and your friend asks if “you are crazy because it is on fire” and you say “that’s OK I’m cold”"


Its random... it works if you were there...


From me… I think its bed time… Night…

No comments:

Post a Comment