Friday, June 24, 2011



Back at the airport... Back at SFO eastbound... Back to Florida and Dad...



I spent three days at work... Hectic busy days, mostly productive... I did two bank deposits... Then discovered two more to do... Staff and fellow employees had the camps under control... I placed print orders… I tried to order pop tents… With a bit of luck I was successful.



Now, I am headed back... Back again... Back to Florida.



This time I am flying Delta... Delta is doing well... They have stationed an employee at the head of the line to greet passengers and direct you to the correct line... There was a two minute wait to check bags... At "bag drop"... Not the “Express Bag Drop” maybe the name does not tell all… maybe “Express” means “give up all hope” in a little known dead South American dialect… (or was it a Southwest dialect?)


TSA was quick... They have started to ask you your last name... I noticed last flight... The TSA agent said it goes back to last year. Her fellow agent said “there are two lines "chose well" a wonderful Star Wars reference…... I believe I chose well... Unlike Tampa, they did not appear to have a chair of shame... After all, San Francisco is a shameless place. I have signed on for my 45 minutes of free WiFi... Connected again... I am sitting at the bar... with an Anchor Steam… blogging and checking email... All is good… after a always hectic arrival, the 30 or so minutes before lining up for a flight can be strangely calming…


10:18pm... On board... Seat 25A... Just ahead of the exit row... (traveler’s hint…the seats ahead of the exit row don’t recline… be aware) Computer in the overhead... Settled in... Blanket on the seat (red, bright red)... I am not hearing hectic announcements about bags or finding seats... (but ground crew were trying to gate check over size carry-on’s... In the jet way... Politely… Thank you delta... Oversize bags don’t belong in the cabin…


I fell asleep… before takeoff… I stirred once or twice for a moment, but didn’t awake until we started our decent into Atlanta…


On the ground, I gathered my stuff, then made for the door… and the gate for my second flight… to Tampa… Again, boarding was easy… again, I slept, this time waking as the tires hit the tarmac…


My bag was the third off… I was out the door and recovered the truck in minutes… and home to Dad in less than an hour…


Side note… This is my 200th blog post at Too Many Hats… I guess it’s a bit of a milestone…

No comments:

Post a Comment