Monday, April 18, 2011

Thoughts on music....

Increasingly find myself drawn to music…


U tube is ruining me… It appears “everything” is on line… Damn you Google… (Tina works for Google)


I am addicted…


I am drawn to both the music I remember (I be old) and the new music I now listen to and am drawn to… There is vinyl on the turntable (yes, we still have one)


Technology makes the journey easier and more difficult…


On one side, I am currently stuck on Emmy Lou Harris and Gram Parsons… with side trips to the Band and Counting Crows.. It is a good journey.


On the other, Currently I am following Houston Jones… Munford and Sons… Blame Sally


I think I may be a old geezer … a grey beard… But I continue to find new music (and old) to follow… via the new technology


Tina and I are increasingly drawn into the house concert circuit…. Joe’s Garage, the Acoustic Vortex, Foster City House concerts… The San Gregorio General store, various cafes and coffee houses… Small concerts, small venues… personal spaces… Along with the used record stores… Ameba and Rasputin’s…


It is increasingly about web sites… Facebook and MySpace… music everywhere on line… follow link to link… down load to download to I-tunes… (of course, I still don't have a I-pod)


A week from now we have a Blame Sally concert on Saturday at the Great American Music Hall... then on Sunday we have a concert at Joes... a Walter Strauss CD release party... It will be a good weekend...


It is about the music Damn it,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment