Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hawaii


I am in Paradise...

I arrived in Honolulu late Thursday night... found my hotel at Waikiki amid the tiki torches and checked in...

Yesterday I got up early and braved the traffic on the H-1 highway headed north to Ewa and the Hawaiian Railway Society museum... and spent the day with parlor car 64... she is in pretty good shape for 110 years. Surprisingly good shape... She is a pretty car with really nice wood work...

I spent my time underneath poking a pocket knife into wooden beams, checking iron rods and generally getting dirty. Had a beer and dinner with my hosts them made my way back to Waikiki and my hotel... so as of last night I had been in Waikiki for 24 hours and hadn't seen the beach or ocean... This am I got up early, and based upon yesterday's inspection started the preservation report... then I took a walk on the beach... Its now about 9:00 and I will once again head west away from Waikiki to Ewa, and the railroad project...

1 comment:

  1. That car is pretty. Rot and rust seems so prevalent in that atmosphere, it must be a royal pain to keep things running and looking good.

    ReplyDelete