Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas… It’s here… and here… and here

Tonight we started Christmas at Patterson House… not the preparation, the decorating, the garland and trees and such, but Christmas, the party and celebration…


Tonight we held the preview… for the Historic Patterson House Foundation… our supporters… or friends… a small party… about 50 or 60 folks… visiting the house, the new visitor’s center in the railroad station, the granary for a party… There were Christmas decorations… Christmas cookies… kerosene lamps lighting the walkways… fires in the fireplace and wood stove… wine and libations… a party…


This is our traditional beginning… tomorrow I take the day off (kind of, I will visit work… visit city hall) resting before we start the slog… Christmas weekend… at the park… too many school kids… too many visitors over too many hours… over three days (too many) but fun… and Christmas… our celebration.


We take a day off (Monday) at work but no visitors… then… dive into the fray again… into Christmas… too much Christmas…


The three year olds arrive Tuesday (and Wednesday, and Friday… ) lots of three year olds…aka Tiny Tots… and parents, and siblings… lots of very young people… into the house… (I am not panicking, really not panicking… I think) overlaid with a week of more tours, followed by a week of more tours… and I have jury duty… then, after we finish our special Christmas on Sunday Dec. 19, I am furloughed for five days… a economic issue… which with 4 holidays and a paid day off and weekends equals a couple of weeks off… not working, not allowed to work… off… off… crazy busy followed by enforced leasure… I am not sure what I will do or how I will survive…


But I will survive, enjoy, and thrive... This is the way of the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment