Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Random thoughts… and observations














AKA… The truth is truly stranger than anything we can create.


First observation….


My last post I was critical of the “Tea Party”…


Now, the Naked Cowboy, a street musician, usually found in New York’s Time Square, wearing tighty-whities, cowboy boots and hat…. Playing a guitar, has announced his candidacy for President in 2012, on the tea party ticket… really, I can’t make this stuff up… The Tea Party has become a public joke… and the clowns are piling on… (and to my knowledge he has never had a relationship with a pig… really)


Second observation…


The Giants… the San Francisco Giants, once, long ago the New York Giants, but now the San Francisco Giants are in the playoffs… into the second round… We play the Phillies next week… we have hopes… we have the rally corn… really… Saturday morning while getting ready for our Harvest Festival we (EBRPD staff) found an ear of Indian corn, colored black and orange… we true fans believe this is a sign… can hope…


Third observation…


There was a mining accident in Chile… miners have been trapped underground… their government rallied to the cause… this evening the last miner war brought to the surface, rescued… It is a wonderful event… men (including women) saving men. A celebration of life… A celebration of what we can do when we decide to… I congratulate and celebrate the rescue workers, the Chilean government, and most of all the miners who did so much to rescue themselves. T. and I visited Chile last January… we liked the country, the people… We share your joy.

1 comment:

  1. I need to get my glasses checked because I thought the top photo was Bob Dylan with a harmonica.Good luck with the giants.Anyone but the Yankees is good with me since I'm a R-Sox fan.I don't like the tea party but I like the fact that they are trying to change the status quo.

    ReplyDelete