Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A New Beast…. And a Giants game



Thanks Abby, (aka, my Jeep sales person)… Sunday, T and I bought a new beast… a Jeep, Wrangler, Unlimited… (aka old school jeep, 4 door) hence the thanks…

Love the beast... I think it's name is Klinger... (from MASH, built in Toledo, Ohio...  Military background... not exactly a military vehicle...)  Maybe a war-time Jeep in a prom dress…
So far, did a too fast run on some dirt roads ) on the farm… a farm with dirt roads…  and 85 mph on the bridge…    I visited 4 Wheel Parts…. Bought a trailer hitch… (Receiver type….) looked at high lift jacks… I am hooked…  bad… our neighbor Carlos is the regional manager for 4 Wheel Parts… so I have a pusher in the neighborhood…  They have sent me an internet survey… I have a $10.00 off certificate… 

I like the beast, Klinger

The Giants are behind… 

She (Klinger) is good on the freeway…  great on dirt roads… (we have dirt roads at the farm…, my own personal test site) good on city streets…  Just good…  So far, I seem to be getting about 21 mpg… The Escape got 24 on the same mix… so not as good but not bad…
T and I took the top off Sunday before I drove over to the farm… I put it back on Monday morning…  She is windy on the freeway, but will be great away from the freeway…
Klinger is smaller than expected… much smaller than Dad’s truck…  much easier to park…
She has the electronic stuff which is fun… a decent CD player, with controls on the steering wheel…  

You can hose out the interior… 

The Giants are tied….

No, we are behind again in extra innings… 

We (Klinger and I) are planning the first road trip… San Mateo, Carson City, overnight in Fallon, (I have a certificate for a free night at a Best Western… (the Next Best Western of Lucy Wainwright Roach) out via Hwy 50, aka the Loneliest Road to  Ely for the Nevada Railroad Symposium, then home on Saturday via Higheway 6 (the real loneliest road…) and Yosemite… Over Tioga Pass, home Saturday night, in time for a cruise…   A cruse with the lovely Tina… A cruise the next day… Vancouver to San Diego… Klinger (aka the Jeep) is excited…. 

The Giant lost in the 11th… 

I love my Jeep...

The Giants lost... 

No comments:

Post a Comment