Thursday, March 8, 2012

Getting closer…


My bags are packed, I ready to go… (for John Denver it was about leaving someone… I am taking the lovely Tina (and Sisters) with me… so it’s all about the Jet plane a Boeing 777… but there may be a taxi involved (I will avoid a reference and link to Harry Chapin, or not…)


As I said, my suitcase is packed… sitting at about 48 lbs… The limit is 52 lbs… left the white dinner jacket and accessories behind… my dark suit will have to suffice for the formal nights on the ship It is hard when packing for nearly 3 weeks… Too long for one set of clothing… not so long to need to regularly do laundry… We will need to do laundry once… maybe twice…


My yellow backpack is packed with cameras, batteries, 4 or 5 books (Bill Bryson’s Sunburned Country included), a fleece jacket, a sweater… Rotary pins…a GPS… I have used the same yellow backpack for the last 10 years or so… it, the yellow backpack, like my hat is becoming an old friend…


There is a computer bag too…packed except for the laptop… Its my “down” bag on the plane… with I pad, computer, books for the flight… The Ipad has Waifs and Men at Work, John Butler loaded… now nearly midnight, the laptop is currently attached to a portable hard drive, copying everything… archiving everything… the portable hard drive remaining home… my personal archive. As of 12:01 (a.m.) it has 3 hours to run… It has been running for an hour already…


I think home is under control… the birds (carrier pigeons, a gift from my father) are well, including the new baby… we have the beginnings of a garden planted… tomatoes (in Googlely primary color tomatoe cages) are planted…. Lettuce, parsley, and onions are in… There are potatoes, chard, and artichokes from last year growing…


On the dresser, in the bedroom, sit the clothing for the flight… including the hat, the precious hat… the oil cloth fedora… the current hat of record. Hats are important… I have too many… there may be a blog about hats… at least superficially… The last “special” hat was lost in a cab in Buenos Aries… This hat deserves better, But of course, Australia has hats of its own, and maybe… just maybe a new hat may be found while on vacation…


Tomorrow I will go to work… send out a docent newsletter, an agenda for a meeting when I get home… I might hire staff for spring break camps… then will sneak away an hour early to join with the lovely Tina for our appointment with the taxi, to the airport, for the big jet airplane, with packed bags, for our trip to Australia and OZ.


We fly to LAX, to join Tina’s sisters, and our flight to Australia… and our grand adventure….


I might find a bar (with the lovely Tina), and drink to a grand adventure while at LAX… It would seem right… at least they take US dollars at LAX…

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment