Friday, October 14, 2011

A short escape… A tropical vacation…



The lovely Tina and I are leaving tomorrow morning “for the islands”, Hawaii, actually Kauai, Oahu, and Hawaii, aka the Big Island…


Beyond where we will be, we have virtually no plans… This is not to say we have not done research… We have the AAA book, maps… a three year old lonely planet guide to Oahu… stuff we have downloaded off the internet… (our mutual favorite being entitled “An Exhaustive Review of our Exhausting Hawaiian Adventure” a 22 page discussion of their 9 day Hawaiian cruise, including a comparison of what they planned vs what they actually did, down to details of which pull off to pull of on certain scenic drives… This will not be our trip…)


We are at least informed if without plans.


At work, I have been working to get all the loose ends neatly tied… I am about there… I have a coverage plan… payroll, due next week is mostly done… I have people to watch the fire sprinkler repairs and the soil test people…


With the trip less than 24 hours away I should consider packing… or not… Its not that big a deal… the larger problem being what technology to take… along with cords and memory cards and cameras… Is the Ipad sufficient or do I want my laptop? .The debate goes on…


I have been taking a quick look on the web… the volcanoes seem to be behaving… not fun at all… I was hoping for an interruption… we are likely a bit early for whales… they ran the steam train on Kauai yesterday, so not next week while we are there…


A friend had a house warming party this evening… in part the un-veiling of a mural of people from the Niles Essenay Studios… in her back yard… a spectacular mural… I want to photograph the figures in the mural, print them out life size, mount them on poster board and deposit them about town…moving them as the spirit moves us…


At least I am mostly packed…mostly ready… probably ready enough…


Let the vacation begin…

No comments:

Post a Comment