Saturday, March 20, 2010

A fine weekend in Southern Maryland

Friday, March 19, 2010

I have spent 4 days in self imposed exile inside libraries… good libraries, great libraries… finding treasures… but now it is time to escape… to go outside…
Here in Washington DC it the weather is spectacular… It is spring… a spring made better by the contrast to the hard, record breaking winter… I missed the winter, but am enjoying the spring…

The daughter has been spending time with me in DC… We ate lunch today on the patio at the Poet and Busboy… chasing Anthony Bourdain… She had to leave for Maryland early, and the kids needed care, so I continued my research alone…

Tomorrow I join her and Kellie and kids in Maryland for the day (and night) then return to Virginia for a last night before heading home…

Now Saturday…


I am up, I am showered and dressed… I am packed… and most important I have a cup of coffee…

The car is packed I’m ready to go… (oh no, we are resorting to song lyrics again) but there is a problem… the phone/GPS filed to charge overnight… The technology is failing me… My target, southern rural Maryland, is a convoluted place… and the GPS would be useful, but I have a map, (and strangely a compass) and know how to use them…

Bye, Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment