Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Home, and Merry "F"ing Christmas

We arrived home From the East on early Monday, November 30th … I was at work by 10:00, Tina soon after… and in to the hustle, bustle and craziness that is our daily life. I have been heard calling it “Merry “F”ing Christmas”…. I mean it.

For me, it was preparations for the Christmas, cleaning up after the Christmas decorators, preparing for the Christmas preview, a day off, then the three day event, cleaning up after the event, a couple of days off, then tours, a night event, more tours… then cleaning up after the tours, repairing the stove (it’s the heat and we are in a cold snap), more tours, a tea, more tours and finally cleaning up again…

There were a couple parties included… Tina’s Google party, complete with ice skating…

My Rotary Party at Fredrico’s, I have written about Fredrico’s before… Miss Bolivia has been seen at Fredrico’s… Tina danced with Rico… Rico has been see dancing with Miss Bolivia… I dance with a group… generally I don’t dance… but I danced… I was probably drunk…

Google released a new phone to their employees last Friday… the web is alive with rumors about the phone… Tina is enjoying playing with the phone… Stephanie and I are enjoying playing with last years Google phone…

Sunday Tina and I attended a “ house concert”, in a garage, Joe’s Garage… Houston Jones… “New Grass Singer Song writer” meets “Cosmic American music”, or “High Octane Americana”…. What ever, it was great… Live music in a small venue… pot luck food and drink.

Now its Tuesday December 15th and its cold… Its 8:00 p.m. and Tina is still at work… I have dinner on… it will keep, maybe even get better. It’s a pork stew… (pork is really low fat and therefore low calorie) over fingerling potatoes.

We are preparing for a quick trip south… Our nephew is getting married in Los Angeles Saturday… we drive south Thursday night… there is a rehearsal dinner on Friday, the wedding Saturday… I have duties… I have to heard the family during photos… I may bring a cattle prod… probably not… We plan to drive home with the daughter on Sunday… The son comes home after Christmas… duty calls him elsewhere on the 25th

Happy Holidays, keep warm… Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment