Friday, May 1, 2009

It it’s the weekend it must be Seattle…

So, over each of the next three weekends I will visit Seattle at some point. At no time during this will I be in Seattle (or for that matter the state of Washington) during the week… This weekend I am flying north to retrieve our old Saturn that we loaned our son Brian… He is in the Navy, stationed on a destroyer, the Shoup, home ported in Everett just north of Seattle.

I drove the car up last September. Then I needed to be in Portland, so the extra three hours wasn’t much of a stretch… This time it’s fly in Saturday morning, buy Brian lunch, then drive south. According to Google it’s just over 13 hours of driving but we plan of taking a little longer. I like the drive, the isolation, and the chance to listen to music undisturbed. Of course, the Saturn only has a cassette deck… so my musical choices may be limited…

Steph, our daughter is accompanying me… We plan to stop at Powell’s in Portland (the world’s largest book store… I like books, I have too many, by late Saturday I am likely to have more…) We are thinking about stopping for pizza at Apizza Scholls… Tony Bordain has eaten there and christened it the best (at least in Portland…)

Then find a room somewhere in central Oregon. The next day we will head south. Lunch somewhere near Yreka or Weed… We should be home for dinner… It’s the first road trip of the summer… There may be two or three more… I hope so.

It will probably rain much of the time… It should be beautiful, I am hauling cameras, there may be photos. Stay tuned.

I am taking the fedora... it's special... there are stories behind the fedora...

No comments:

Post a Comment